3.05.2010

is this the 2nd or 3rd Friday of lent?

It's now time for us to take a day off from eating meat. There are some Catholics that skip meat on Fridays all throughout the year - during ordinary times. Wifey & I are not like that. So we will skip meat today and eat a little less than we normally would. And tomorrow, we'll use ratchet-up the energy to get going for a big day of fun at the Taylor's East. Maevy's birthday party will be Saturday afternoon, and we're expecting a small and fun gathering for the event.

Wifey has a "top secret" theme going for the party and has done some nice work on decorations and menu already. I hope I can help by staying out of the way. By the way, I stumbled upon this website about eating meatless on Fridays. It's called meatlessfriday.com. Whatever. It will be very interesting to see how these types of things play out when other children are present. I'm not rushing any of our siblings to parenthood (by the way - how weird is to realize that our sisters are quickly approaching the same age Wifey and I were when we got hitched), but I imagine it to be a bit of kick in the pants to face the fact that we are the adults now, and we are hosting the get together et. al.

Then I think about how I really likebaseball, and it gets me through. Go NATS!

No comments: