3.11.2010

SNL & Betty White = match made in Facebook


I love Saturday Night Live, always have since I could stay up at watch. Back in late '76, when the show & I were both just getting started I can remember seeing each episode with the original cast in all of those seminal sketches that helped to make the show a hit in its infancy. I always really liked the Andy Kauffman stuff - especially he's opening night bit of "Mighty Mouse Theme". Anyways - now word comes out today that the facebook page "Betty White to Host SNL (please!)" has won the battle, and she'll be hosting May 8th.
Good for her. I like her, too. She's funny and I look forward to seeing the show. Did SNL cave to pressure because the season has been a stinker so far? Are they self-aware enough to know that this is good idea with its own momentum already rolling? I don't care. I just want to see SNL do well.

No comments: