8.13.2009

Do you smell fish?

I spent the second half of the day yesterday walking around and looking for a smell I was sure came from somewhere in the office, probably the kitchen. I smelled some kind of fishy odor as I sat down at my desk to eat my lunch, and couldn't focus on my cuisine so I went a snooping around to find the source of the smell. I could detect the aroma from my desk, but not so much as I circled the immediate area my desk resides in, and was left perplexed. I even went to the kitchen and inspected the fridge to see if it was being emitted from there. It was not. I was perplexed. And then as soon as I sat down again, the wafting of the fish smell smacked me in the face once more.

"Oh, boy. Does my ass stink and I've transferred the stank to the seat and now I can only smell when I enter the room, but it dissipates from my nose only to linger for others?" That was my first thought, and frankly a likely answer knowing my lack of bathing (I'm sorry, I know most people don't like to hear that - especially Wifey - but it seems to me to be a waste of water and I'm not really doing enough to work up a sweat that warrants a shower, although I probably take another look at this since it was my first scenario in this StinkGate).

Then I thought "Could it be something under my desk? Is Clyde messing with me and left some dead fish in the are of the desk I work at?" A thorough sweep of the vicinity proved clear and the questioning of Taylor left my satisfied that this was not the issue.

Then (and it's always in the last place you look isn't it?), I lifted my water bottle and as it neared my face the smell got stronger. Looking back I should have put 4 and 4 together and got 8, but I got 7 and thus what happened next to was deserved. I looked at the outside of my forearm and saw a splotch of yellow, and I wondered what that was. You may have simply wiped it off with a napkin, but I decided I was a geologist and needed to lick the blotch. I'm an idiot, I know. Guess what, it tasted like fish. Shocker! I spit it out on the floor, but the taste and thought of being an idiot still grosses me out. And I then found a similar spot on a piece of paper between where I placed the water bottle and where I sit. I resisted the urge to lick the paper as well.

Well that's where it came from, and that's why I won't lick my arm any more... This week.



Oh, and my right nut is killing me today. Why does that happen?

No comments: